Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Story Lab: Week 14

Writers Write-  

Why Writers Should Know About Monsters Before They Write a Word

By Christopher Luke Dean

Monsters are important to so many types of writing. They keep things interesting! The article suggests looking at folklore to find inspiration for a monster. Tolkien's monsters have roots in Scandinavian stories. Then the next monsters suggest are demons and devils. The background and sources for these are provided. However, those are not all the monsters out there and he provides some other places to find other monsters. 
Image result for hans from frozen
Hans, a monster who is not a "monster"

I chose this little piece because I never write scary stories. I never even watch them. But monsters are everywhere. A good villain makes a story. So, I thought reading this could help me come up with other ideas for stories. In my next story in my storybook, I do plan for Dante to encounter the Devil. I am nervous to have him do so. I thought reading a little bit more might help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Week 14

Review This is my last post!! I have 2 more points! WOO My favorite picture from the announcements I really like this picture beca...