Thursday, November 21, 2019

Extra Reading: week 14

Homer By Andrew Ford- chapter 1

Image result for the muses
My Prayer to the Muses
  • the traditional oral epic singer is not an artist, he is a seer
  • singing is not what we think it is-- 3 ways to think about it
  • the beginning is sacred for the greeks
  • greeks classify poetry and all art by content and ethos
  • muses are uniquely greek 
  • poets had to learn from them <3
  • the way it is uses in early greek indicates it was a technical term for the individual themes 
  • epic is a continuous sacred history
  • Homer the moral educator of the greeks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Week 14

Review This is my last post!! I have 2 more points! WOO My favorite picture from the announcements I really like this picture beca...