Sunday, September 8, 2019

Topic Research: Dante's Inferno

Dante's Inferno

- Virgil's perspective 
Virgil is Dante's guide through his experience, Dante is having a mid-life crisis and can't decide where to place people in hell (other versions). That has to get annoying. Also, from semesters of translating Virgil's works. I find him intelligent but inflated with himself. He might be a fun character to play with. His witt would make a great dialogue. 
 
-All Roman version
Dante mixes Greek and Roman stories to create his inferno. I could nix the greek characters, and add more Roman characters from the hundreds of years the empire spanned, reminiscing of the good old days. I would even like to experiemnet with a little bit of rivalry with the three-time periods of Rome. I do not believe the Romans in hell would be very repentant, so that would be a fun storyline to write. 
 
-Satan/deepest part of Hell
The character of Satan in Dante's works deserves more. He writes so little about him; he is scary. He is the last thing Dante sees. Also, he places Brutus and Cassius with Satan but is unsure about Caesar's place (Other works). He is very sure about the place of the planners of Caesar's demise but Caesar is not a good guy. I hate his Latin and also, he killed so many Gauls for self-glory. He only did good things for the plebians because he wanted political power. I havent even mentioned that he destroyed the Roman Republic. Caesar belongs there. I should put him there. He is Satan. 
Image result for cassius
Gaius Cassius

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Week 14

Review This is my last post!! I have 2 more points! WOO My favorite picture from the announcements I really like this picture beca...