Friday, November 8, 2019

Story Lab: Week 12

Writers Write

I LOVE this option. It gets me all sentimental and reflective. I usually do it after work, so it's also a great way to decompress after a very stressful day.  

43 Ways to Write about Love Amanda Patterson

This article caught my eye because lately, I have been feeling lonely. By my age, my parents were married, my roommates all have boyfriends and six months ago I broke up with my serious boyfriend. It was for the best, but there are parts of having someone and being in love I miss. I am taking the year to be single and learn about myself because I don't want to waste away my life by giving it someone else unprepared and immature. This is an important time of my life and I want it to be about me, not them. 
This doesn't mean I still don't spend time thinking about it. Because I have detached myself from it, every time I try writing a story about a relationship, it feels unauthentic. Likely, because those feelings are hard to replicate onto a screen. The first section I want to write down so I remember is don't forget about the complexity of the feeling. It is more than just romantic. It is passionate and platonic too. What I forget about a lot too is the body language involved, The most special feelings are like when someone grazes their thumb across your hand or the little touches. Or how you tend to swing your arms you are s happy--- I really like that one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Week 14

Review This is my last post!! I have 2 more points! WOO My favorite picture from the announcements I really like this picture beca...