Friday, October 25, 2019

Story Lab: Week 10

Advice to Writers

Gibson’s idea of writing the characters is interesting. I kinda like it. Because in a compelling story, the characters keep you coming back, not some weird cabin in the woods. However, I wish he expanded further because a bunch of separate characters in a story without something like an unfortunate accident, or a common goal keeps them from their potential. This was almost amazing advice. Just too short. 

Yiyun Li’s advice that the character should explore herself and the world is important. Books usually aren’t just one day, and if they are they are important day and people grow. The character has to grow as a person over the time and that requires self reflection. It isn’t easy to write but it is what makes people relate to the characters and is necessary to the story. And- it can be so much fun, so more people need to remember this!! 
Self Relfection


1 comment:

  1. Hi Caitlin,

    I didn't get a chance to look at that story lab but it sounds like a pretty good one. You're right about how the characters make the story, although I do think readers can be motivated to learn the ins and outs of fictional worlds. I like the idea of evolving a character to grow as a person throughout a story because we can all relate with that. Anyway thank you for the summary!

    ReplyDelete

Review Week 14

Review This is my last post!! I have 2 more points! WOO My favorite picture from the announcements I really like this picture beca...