Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Storybook Favorites

Storybook Favorites

I took the Indian Epics class and enjoyed this project greatly. I am excited to see the creativity displayed for this class!

The Relentless Rage of Cu Chulainn

So this is very well written grammatically, but I still have issues with the characters of the stories. A dog attacks a six-year-old but the owner is angry about his dog? Where is any value in human life? When Cu Chulainn grows up and interacts with the Evil Queen she also isn't very evil. She is a bad leader, but Ch Chulainn is much more despicable. However, he went six months without sleep, and I would behave that way if I was that tired too.

Image result for brown bull cu chulainn
The Sacred Brown Bull

I am very interested in reading the Scottish tales. This is very interest and battle centered. It also had a female main character which is exciting, despite the fact, she was evil for no reason. 

Go Greece Or Go Home

I really liked this story. It gave me some serious Percy Jackson Vibes. --> I wrote this before I read the author's note. I love how Mr. Pose is a Snape like a character without all his faults in Harry Potter which makes him completely unforgivable. In this state, he is more of a figure with a motive so not so evil. The only issue I have with the story is I feel with so much pent up anger it resolved itself too quickly. 
Image result for greece
The Temple of Athena

In The Seven Woods

I need to look up the province of Ulster. It has been referenced often. I really like the story. The dialect is actually gone after and I admire that. Also, he doesn't try to reveal too much about to characters too quickly so there is a nice natural development. The characters also are all really original! I love Queen Maeve and that Aillinn rescued herself. I kinda hate the ending because it's not happy but I respect it. I wanted them to be returned to the land of the living because the proved themselves.

Image result for swans
Two Swans









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Review Week 14

Review This is my last post!! I have 2 more points! WOO My favorite picture from the announcements I really like this picture beca...